So for those of you who don’t know, the third edition of London Craft Week takes up residence in London this week. This annual event invites the viewer to a ‘beyond luxury’ journey-of-discovery showcasing the best creativity and craft from the United Kingdom and globally.
The aim of the event is to;
experience beautiful things not just as static objects but in the full context in which they were created, highlighting how imagination and talent combine with the very best materials and techniques.
We’ve rounded up our favourites in no particular order for you below:
- One of our favourite designers Hussein Chalayan and who our founder Annabel had the amazing opportunity to gain work experience from, is opening his boutique for conversation. The evening will showcase a deconstructed iconic dress, Hussein himself will be in attendance with his team of pattern cutters and seamstresses (Sidenote: Some of the nicest people in the industry).
- Bespoke tailoring masterclass by Gieves and Hawkes Head Cutter, Davide Taub, giving unique insight into the cutting and tailoring process of three key tailored pieces; the coat, waistcoat and trousers.
- Vacheron Constantin will be demonstrating the assembly of a movement and hand-engraving by the in-house master watchmaker and engraver.
- Woodcarving by the Master Carvers from Tokyo University of the Arts will be showcasing their work and skills at City & Guilds.
- Or how about creating your own full cloth-covered, hardback journal incorporating their print on the cover? Angie Lewin – painter, designer and printmaker will be leading the two-day workshop.
The immense programme bills more than 230 events from all corners of the globe fusing making, design, fashion, art, luxury, food, culture and shopping. Find out more information on londoncraftweek.com